WAYB kindly sent this product to me, but the review and opinions are completely my own. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
If you have traveled with a toddler, there are two questions you have undoubtedly asked yourself. “Will they behave on the flight?” and, “What the heck am I going to do about the car seat?” Traveling with a car seat can be a real pain as they are heavy and bulky, but renting a car seat at your destination is often costly. That’s why the new WAYB Car Seat is the perfect solution!
The WAYB Pico Car Seat isn’t your ordinary car seat, it’s a compact and portable solution designed specifically for travelers. I didn’t know what to expect when I heard about this new travel car seat early last spring but we had a lot of upcoming travel and I was desperate for a solution. To my surprise, this car seat ended up being the key to airplane travel with a toddler.
Let’s get into all my thoughts (and how my toddler felt about it) below!
Snapshot of the WAYB Car Seat
- Ultra-portable with a compact design.
- Lightweight, making it easy to travel with.
- Compliant with US safety standards.
- Versatile installation options.
- Comfortable for your toddler to sit in.
- Might be outgrown faster than traditional car seats due to weight and size limitations.
- It has a higher price point.
- Does not offer reclining options.
- It is less padded than traditional seats.
WAYB Car Seat Key Features
Portability and Weight
The most important feature of the WAYB car seat is that it is lightweight and easy to take with you when traveling!
- Compact Design: The WAYB Pico car seat is designed to be highly portable and compact, making it convenient for travel. It can be folded down to a size that is easy to carry and store. It even fits in the overhead compartment of airplanes or under the seats!
- Lightweight: Made from aluminum and mesh fabric, it’s much lighter than a traditional car seat. It comes in at 8 lbs, versus our day-to-day car seat weighing over 20 lbs. It is a breeze to carry through airports, which is extra important when you’re chasing after a toddler.
- Travel Case: I highly recommend purchasing the accessories bundle for the convenient travel case. I love that it can be worn like a backpack (that’s my go-to) or easily attached to your carry-on.
I have always been worried about the safety of travel-specific car seats because they are so compact, but the WAYB Pico is approved by the FAA and NHSTA. It was easy to adjust and install giving me confidence and ultimately I felt completely safe traveling with my little guy in it.
- Aircraft Approved: This WAYB car seat is FAA-approved for use on airplanes.
- Car Safe: It passes the NHTSA safety standards for cars.
- Durability: Despite its lightweight design, it’s built to withstand the rigors of travel and comes with a 3-year limited warranty. Read more about the warranty here.
Ease of Use
One of the main reasons to invest in a separate car seat for travel is, of course, convenience!
- Installation: I found the Pico to be very easy to install! This is important for travel as you will be putting it into cars, airplanes, and even rideshares while on the go. It can be installed with a lap belt or latch system.
- Folds Down Easily: The car seat is very easy to fold down when it’s not in use.
- Cleaning: You can simply spot clean with warm water and a wool-safe detergent.
If you travel often, the WAYB Pico Car Seat is an absolute must! It’s so nice to have your own car seat with you on long flights. It settles my 2-year-old on flights because it feels like it’s part of a routine that he’s used to, like getting in the car. I also love having the seat with us so we don’t have to deal with the hassle of rental companies having one for us.
You Might Also Like:
Pin for Later – The NEW WAYB Car Seat: Is it the Key to Easy Travel with Toddlers?