Heavy Implantation Bleeding: Is it Possible?
Implantation is one of the many ways women use to conceive. It is a method in which eggs are lined along the uterus to ensure a good area for conception. Implantation also leads to some bleeding afterward, which is completely normal. Here is everything you need to know about implantation bleeding.
Implantation Bleeding Color
When eggs are being placed in your uterus lining, light bleeding is to be expected. This is a natural process and it shows your uterus getting ready to hold the fetus. The color of the bleeding which occurs after implantation is usually a lighter color than your normal menstruation bleeding.
While the normal color of menstruation blood is red, implantation bleeding is usually pink or brown in color. There is no need to be alarmed by the color since it is completely normal and as long as the bleeding is minimal, you are good to go.
Symptoms Of Implantation Bleeding
Here are some symptoms of implantation bleeding:
- You will experience light bleeding and the color will be lighter than normal blood. Usually, a pink or brownish tinge.
- Your breasts will feel extremely tender, almost similar to a symptom of pregnancy.
- You will feel cramps in your lower back, but they will be different than your normal period cramps.
- Nausea and morning sickness is also a very common symptom of implantation bleeding.
- Your mood will be very black and white. You will experience a lot of changes in your mood.
- You might be confused by this bleeding and take it for menstrual bleeding, but the telltale signs will show you that it is anything but. You will also be quite tired and feel extreme fatigue.
When To See A Doctor?
Here are some things you need to look out for which are not normal in implantation bleeding. If you experience any of these, book an appointment with your doctor.
- You have to see a doctor if the bleeding is persistent for more than a day or two.
- If the bleeding gets heavy and you see clots forming and being passed, then you need to see a doctor, because there are no clots in implantation bleeding.
- If the color of the blood coming out is dark red and looks fresh, then it is not a good sign. Especially after conceiving, you need to look out for fresh blood coming out of your vagina. It can lead to a miscarriage if you don’t get it checked as soon as possible.
The reason why you need to go see a doctor immediately if the bleeding is not normal because it can lead to an ectopic pregnancy, which can be very dangerous for the life of the mother and child. Vaginal bleeding is the main symptom of an ectopic pregnancy.
There you have it! Now you know when it is normal for a woman to bleed after implantation and when you need to see a doctor if things turn alarming.