Choosing the right high chair for your little one is an important decision. When choosing the best one, there’s a lot more to it than having one that looks stylish, is easy to clean, and collapses effortlessly. The ergonomics of the chair should in fact be the main consideration, according to many feeding experts, including pediatric dietitian Dr Kyla Smith.
We’ve taken the legwork out of the research for you, so you can make an informed decision…
1. Redsbaby HILO2 High Chair
This beautiful high chair by Redsbaby will bring your family together for easy meals and playtime as your little one grows. Read the full review here
Standout features of the Redsbaby HILO2
- Easy to clean – the Redsbaby HILO2 has a removable, dishwasher-safe large food tray along with stain-resistant coatings to ensure clean-up is easy and fast
- Safe and sturdy design – a 5-point harness with shoulder straps ensures a snug fit over your little one’s shoulders.
- Eco friendly and no toxic surfaces – BPA-free surfaces
- Sits at table height – with a positioning height of 58cm, the chair is ideal for most tables
- Adjustable foot rest – with two positions to support growing children
- Suitable for use from 4 months to 6 years
- Converts to three different styles – to grow with your child the chair goes from a high chair to junior chair and then to a play chair
- Accessories – there are a range of optional accessories available which include a cushion set with infant insert, short legs, silicone tray insert and seat cover.
- Colours – the Redsbaby HILO2 comes in three gorgeous neutral colour tones – sage, liquorice and creamy
2. Bugaboo Giraffe High Chair
Designed for all ages, the chair is adjustable in one second. Offering five seating solutions, it can easily adapt to growing children — from their first bite of banana to every adventure that lies ahead.
- For every age and stage – Expertly designed for ergonomic support and comfort, the foot rest and seat are easily adjustable with a single click and slide — no tools required!
- Five fabulous colors
- Embracing the best of Dutch design – the Bugaboo Giraffe’s elegant silhouette will complement any interior
- A chair for their future — Made with 100% sustainably-sourced materials
- Buckle Up – As your curious baby starts to wiggle and move, the included five-point safety harness offers extra security
3. Childhome Evolu 2 High Chair
The Evolu 2 high chair is the winner of numerous international prizes and is outstanding in its modern, practical design that is easy to clean and versatile.
- The high chair offers three seating height options to suit children from 6 months to 6 years old.
- Moulded plastic seat & timber legs
- Five tray options
- Five-point harness
- Suitable for breakfast bar with use of Long Leg Set
- Converts to low chair
- Harness, safety bar and footrest included
4. Leander Classic High Chair
The Leander Classic High Chair is as practical as it is beautiful. Ergonomically designed, it grows with your child from baby to adult, simply by adjusting the seat and foot rest. It can be used with or without a safety bar and tray (both purchased separately) depending on the child’s age and ability.
- Ergonomic design for correct posture
- From baby to adult – fully adjustable
- Danish design made in Europe from beech wood
- Holds 125kg, weighs less than 6kg
- Safety bar & back rest are also adjustable
- Designed with flex in the frame for movement and comfort
- Cushions available – machine washable
5. Stokke Tripp Trapp
The Stokke Tripp Trapp is the chair that grows with your child. With a variety of available accessories, this iconic chair provides comfort and ergonomics for use from birth.
- Highly adjustable seat and foot plate positions
- Available in a variety of colours and in your choice of Beech or Oak wood finishes
- Your child can comfortably sit at the dining table and enjoy mealtimes with the rest of family.
- Unique adjustability of seat and footplate to ensure both back and feet support for any age
- Stable footrest that supports your child and provides comfort
6. IKEA Antilop High Chair
The Antilop highchair is easy to take apart and bring along so your child sits safely and steadily whether you are at home, at your friend’s place or at the restaurant.
- Easy to disassemble and carry along.
- The raised edges prevent spills from landing on the floor.
- We know that children’s skin is extra sensitive, but not to worry. This product has been tested, approved and is completely free from substances that may harm your child’s skin or health.
7. 4Baby Icon 2-in-1 Wooden High Chai
This stylish wooden highchair grows with your little one from 6 months up to 5 years, and comes packed with practical features.
- Stylish wooden highchair
- Modern and lightweight, with wipe clean surface
- 5-point safety harness
- Removable 2-layer tray adjusts to 3 positions
- Padded PU seat liner
- 2 removable footrests
- Suitable from 6 months to max 15kg as a highchair
- Converts to a junior chair suitable from 3-5 years (approx.)
8. Boori NEAT High Chair
With a sustainable wood frame and ergonomic plastic seat, the Neat Highchair is designed to make mealtimes comfortable and safe for your little one. The triangular wooden frame ensures stability and the safety belt keeps your child secure in their seat.
- Height adjustable highchair for 6 months+
- Padded seat cushion included. Water resistant for easy cleaning
- Plastic seat insert is attached to the chair via a strong bolt at the back of the seat
- Plastic tray can be attached and removed by sliding in and out of the plastic seat
- Ergonomic backrest for support and comfort
- Seat and foot rest are height adjustable
- Safety harness included
- Crafted with European Beech & engineered timber
- Can be used as a highchair for babies aged 6 months – 3 years. Can also be transformed into a chair at approximately 3 years.
9. Little Lou Switch High Chair
Designed in sleek, modular timber wood that blends in stylishly with any home interior, the Switch takes your little one from meal times to playtimes in no time.
- With just a few quick adjustments, this high chair can be lowered into a toddler play chair that supports up to 50kg.
- A safe (5-point harness), secure, and comfortable chair featuring an adjustable, completely removable tray and stable footrest to provide support to your babies’ posture.
- An easy to clean tray and wipeable surface seat cushion as well as being stylish and blending in with your current home furnishings.
10. Mocka Original Highchair
The Mocka Original Highchair sets the standard in highchair safety, functionality and quality. From first solids through to first days at school and beyond, the Mocka Original Highchair adjusts to provide a safe, comfortable, and sturdy first chair as your child grows.
- Adjustable tray settings, multiple seat and footrest heights and armrests allow the highchair to grow safely and comfortably with your child
- No more slippery cushions or unsafe stools, as your baby becomes a toddler, the Mocka Original wooden highchair easily transforms into a height-suitable seat at the dining table
- Made from solid beech-wood, the Mocka Original wooden highchair can’t tear, buckle, or warp
- The highchair can be easily and hygienically wiped clean.